Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lazy Days

2nd of Jan and 2 sewing projects down... I also did a repair on a skirt that has been bugging me and in my mending pile since last summer...

Amelia will pretty much only wear a skirt or a dress. Forget skorts, shorts, jeans or leggings (unless they are under a skirt), it is a skirt or nothing. Since Mel from One Crafty Mumma had a sew-a-long for the Oliver+S lazy days skirts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2009 I have been making these skirts for Amelia. It won't be too much longer a WOF will go around her but while it does I am running with making them as they are cheap and quick!

I have modified the pattern a little to suit us, Amelia prefers ribbon to a contrasting fabric at the bottom of the skirt. I am not so keen on the rough edge of the ribbon and keep meaning to remember to do the seams differently , clearly forgetting.

This is a Kaffe Fasset fabric I have had for about a year and bought solely for this project. It is s fun and fresh and all the colours Amelia loves! I sat down after breakfast was cleared away and just went for it while they were potting a tree I gave Amelia for Christmas.


It needs a press and it can then be worn but from woe to go took about half an hour. LOVE quick projects like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment