Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Boys x2


I spied this gorgeous Peter Rabbit fabric at Spotlight weeks ago in their 40% off when you buy the bolt quilting fabric sale and there was just over a metre on the bolt, it made perfect sense that it came home with me! I wasn't sure what I was going to make with it, I had initially thought a cot quilt backed with minky but I am concerned about overheating. So I decided on a cushion and for a bit of fun I thought I would have a go at making a  'taggie' blanket as well.

I thought the cushion might be a bit plain and wanted to try my hand at some trim around the edge of the cushion. At my sewing class on Saturday I saw this gorgeous trim in blue (and pink for another pregnant friend!) and guesstimated how much I would need. Square pillows are so 'normal' I thought an oblong one would be interesting. Once I had found and ordered the inserts I set about making a cover...

I had a few goes, especially with the zip and the trim. Zips in dresses are a piece of cake, can do them with my eyes closed but trying to put one in these cushions, how many attempts did I have??! The trim was also tricky. I tried to sew it in as a sandwich but stuffed it up in a few places so sewed the trim to the cotton then the minky to that, long way round but it worked...

As for the taggie, that was pretty easy but some of the ribbons don't look straight... but that's okay...

So these are gifts, one cushion and taggie for Zeke and the same for baby Little.

There will be a pink one for Baby Rhiani and maybe another for Baby Poulton, see how sick of making them I am!






No comments:

Post a Comment