Saturday, January 14, 2012

Project #3

And... Alethea's last request was for a night dress. Using the same pattern I used here (and if I didn't have the cat on my lap I would get up and tell you what it is - I think it is a discontinued McCalls ones) but in a soft cotton, I made a summer nighdress... The fabric is very pretty and voile like in softness. The hardest part was whether the pink owls or the orange owls should be the right way up...

I made a size 8 and shaved some off the bottom and it will be too big but do her for at least 3 summers! The short sleeved version of the pattern suggested elastic in the sleeves but we chose to leave it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment