Monday, December 12, 2011

New Group

I always have such grande plans but life gets in the way and has a way of slowing me down or putting the stops on anything creative. I joined The Sewing Library on Facebook and via that someone has set up a 52 week challenge for 2012 which I have joined... The 52 Week New Years Sewalution!

It's a closed group, as in you request to join, but if the community is anything like the first one I joined (TSL) it is going to be a fun place to be :-) The ladies are so lovely and very very helpful! The weekly challenge doesn't have to be sewing, I think it can be anything crafty...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261372580583216/


Here is my to do list for 2011

Cushions for the new house - ideally I would like a new couch for these to go on...
Dress for Lucy - needs to be in Paris by the 5 July
Quilt for Nathan - for his birthday needs to be done by July 1, Xmas gives me a bit more time
Quilt for Jarod - I'm thinking Xmas...

Blossom Creek - BOM 2,3,4 and the log cabining for blocks 1-4 and then the rest of it
Library bag for Amelia
Summer skirts for Amelia

Summer dresses for Amelia
Christmas placemats (that won't fall apart when you wash them) as gifts
Teachers Xmas gifts
Class mates Xmas gifts
Close friends hand made Xmassy something
Mermaid Doll Amelia bought at the quilt fair
Applique Xmas table piece - for Julie V in Paris

So in 2012 I plan to finish those AND...

Make 3 QUICK out door quilts, basic ones, just squares, we can wrap ourselves up in when having brekky in autumn.
Make my journal covers
Cushion covers for CGC
2 more winter nightdresses for Amelia
Skirt top layer for my 'Sari' underskirt
Placemats and tablecloths for us to use outdoors
Make up the Polar Fleece Jackets I cut out in 2004! Yikes!!!

And what ever else takes my fancy throughout the year, I am sure I will add to it.

Wish me luck! Why not come and join this group too? Let me know if you do ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the 2012 list Sarah and I think you crossed LOTS of the 2011 one. The group sounds great - I'll go and have a peek in a minute. Mel x

    ReplyDelete