Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blossom Creek

For a long time I have looked at quilts and though that I wouldn't mind trying my hand at one but some of them just conjured up images of hexagonal squares everywhere when I was a teenager. At that point in my life I struggled to find beauty in what my mother was creating, and no, I didn't want a waistcoat, thanks all the same Mum!

I have looked on numerous websites for quilts, had my appetite whet by some and others I have just closed the sites down almost as soon as I have opened them! And then I discovered Natalie Ross and in particular Blossom Creek. I fell in love. I drooled and slobbered all over my computer screen. After wiping my chin dry I popped into every store listed as stocking her things trying to find a price for a pattern and somewhere that was doing it as the Block of the Month. I have since learned that bom is the phrase for those in the quilting know!

Not finding what I was looking for I took a gamble and emailed Natalie directly. What a wonderful lady she is! I had a reply within an hour!! She directed me to Country pickin's at the Corner in Dural, not too far from where we live. Phone call made, armed with the credit card, child safely deposited at pre-school I set off on my journey.

On the way home I was thinking to myself 'hmmm, what am I going to tell Stef' and then thought 'I don't care what he thinks, I like this, I am going to finish it and if he doesn't like it then tough!'

I think it was 2 days of having this hidden before I could open the packet. The delicious mix of fabrics, cherry reds and sunshine yellows, summer aqua and lucious lime green. I read the instructions about 10 times to make sure I understood what I had to do before I took the plunge and cut my first piece of material.

So this is how it started...

No comments:

Post a Comment