Friday, November 8, 2013

Charity Quilting

There's been some horrific bush fires in Sydney in recent weeks, over 200 houses lost. 200 families without homes or possessions. It really is quite sad. A few weeks ago I met a lovely lady Susanne via a Facebook request for a quilting bee to be held at one of our local public hospitals to make quilts for the baby's and children who for what ever reason find themselves in hospital for an extended period of time. I couldn't make the bee unfortunately but I could take some packs from Susanne and sew them. With the help of my buddies at my quilting group we made 14 quilts which wasn't a bad effort! Here's 9 of them!


So when she put a call out for quilts to be made for the bush fire victims I knew the packs would be organised and simple and the tops would come together quickly. I made the top in about 2 and a half hours and finished this at home. I hope it gives comfort to someone in the mountains next winter.


 I love the backing fabric, it looks like a giraffe!


No comments:

Post a Comment