I went away with 24 wheels sewn, leaving 18 left of the 42 to sew together. Friday night, even though it was a STINKY hotter than the face of the sun 47.6 degrees, bedrooms were claimed, bags unpacked, sewing machines were set up, champagne was uncorked, cheese platters were put out and we all sat down to get some stitchin' done!
|One nicely pressed wheel... one down 41 to go...|
|So so pretty and so so happy they were all done!|
I didn't like the assembly instructions in the book so I closed it once I had my backing fabric measurements and did it my way... the book said to applique the wheel on then hand sew the centre circle on once you have put freezer paper on the middle and finger pressed the seam allowance in, blah blah. Then once stitched cut the back of the fabric behind the circle to remove the freezer paper... um, not going to happen on my watch! I don't like the idea of cutting the fabric and leaving it flapping, although I am sure it wouldn't but still... So I proceeded after a brief discussion with the room and the consensus was not to cut and did it my way and I am pretty happy with the results!
|Even the back is pretty!|
I have all 42 but we think 7 across and 6 down is going to make this too big and too heavy so we might just do a 6x6 instead, meaning I have 7 wheeels too many! Oh well, I am sure I will find something to make them into :-)